Resident and Medical Student Research Competition
TNAFP invites resident and student members to submit medical research project abstracts for the annual conference.
The TNAFP Research Committee reviews submissions annually for academic rigor and chooses projects with exceptional design, conclusions, and impact to the practice of family medicine. The committee may select up to six (6) submissions to feature at TNAFP Annual Scientific Assembly, including three for presentation and three for display.
Authors whose work is selected for presentation will be included by name in the conference program and present their research summary to a large audience (200+ annually) of family physicians from across Tennessee and multiple other states.
Submissions selected for display will be given dedicated space in the conference venue to display and discuss their work one-on-one with family physicians and other conference attendees.
All 6 winners (3 presenters and 3 displays) receive:
- Free conference registration
- $500 stipend to cover travel costs, including mileage and hotel expenses
- Two complimentary tickets to the annual President’s Banquet, where winners are recognized by name
Eligibility Requirements and Submission Guidelines
- Must be a TNAFP resident or medical student member in good standing at time application is submitted, and at time of the Annual Scientific Assembly.
- Participants may submit more than one abstract for consideration, but only one abstract per person can be selected.
- If an abstract listing multiple offers is selected for presentation or display, the first author listed will receive the invitation. If the first author is unable to attend, TNAFP will invite other authors in the order in which they are listed on the submission, provided they meet eligibility requirements.
- A total of three (3) will be selected for presentation at the TNAFP Annual Scientific Assembly.
- A total of three (3) will be selected for display at the TNAFP Annual Scientific Assembly.
- Applicants will be notified of their status approximately 30 days after the submission deadline to allow for travel planning. Winners are responsible for making their own travel arrangements.
- Winners who cannot or will not attend the conference to present or display their work will automatically forfeit their conference registration, presentation/display and related stipend, and TNAFP will offer the opportunity to another applicant(s).
- TNAFP will provide AV equipment in the conference general session for project presentations, and a digital monitor for poster displays in a designated area of the conference. Winners are responsible for providing presentation or display files via email to TNAFP staff by the requested deadline. Winners are responsible for bringing any handouts or supporting documentation to accompany their presentations or displays. TNAFP is not responsible nor will provide any resources for traditional poster displays.
2024 TNAFP Scientific Assembly
Sevierville Convention Center
Deadline for submissions: Friday, August 9, 2024